The most successful campaigns have one thing in common: they are led by boards that support and promote the campaign as partners…while staying in their lane.
On the other hand, a dysfunctional board—if left unattended—can derail a campaign before it begins. It can also be the biggest barrier to campaign success. But fear not. With coaching and intentionality, most boards can become well-oiled governing bodies that lend support and influence to successfully execute a campaign. This guide will show you how.
⇣ Click below to get the guide ⇣
The Winkler Group has led every type of academic, healthcare, and nonprofit board through campaigns that exceeded their goals. Preparing Your Board for the Next Campaign is a five-minute read that’s full of best practices and practitioner’s tips we’ve developed leading campaigns over the last two decades. It will also help you identify:
- when to start discussing a campaign with your board.
- how to help your board overcome fears of an economic recession.
- common board member fears and hesitations, and how to overcome them.
- proper role of board members before, during, and after a campaign.
- what donors expect from a board before they will make a stretch campaign investment.
- how to keep the board from being a roadblock to a successful campaign.
We’ve helped dysfunctional boards become powerhouse fundraisers with the right training and education. We’ve seen strong boards become even stronger before and during a campaign. This white paper will help you avoid five common mistakes that can derail a campaign and instead create a partnership with your board that becomes the foundation of a successful campaign.